Choosing a college is overwhelming, and applying can be even more difficult.
At 5 Points Prep, we make the process less stressful. Our expert college counselors walk you through the entire process, from identifying best fit colleges and scholarship opportunities to writing amazing application essays.
Attention Rising Seniors
College Application & Essay Bootcamps
- August Bootcamp 3 – Sundays, August 7, 14, 21
- College Essay Crunch – Sundays, September 11, 18, 25
College Essay Crunch
What you will learn:
- All about the college application process and how admissions professionals read your application and make decisions about your candidacy.
- How to come up with content for your personal essay, including brainstorming and free-writing exercises.
- How to craft that content into a well-written, cohesive narrative, including organization, flow, style, tone, and grammar.
- Common college essay mistakes and what not to do when writing your college essays, as well as “must-haves” that will ensure your essays stand out!
- How to research, organize, and write a “Why University” supplemental essay
Our college essay crunch course will help set you up for success as you embark on this vital aspect of your college application.
College Application and Essay Bootcamps
Bootcamp includes two parts:
Part 1. College Essay Session
Learn how to write Stand Out College Application Essays! (10:00am-12:30pm)
Day 1: Essay Kick-start!
Make a Plan, Brainstorm & Outline First Draft: Focus on Common Application & UGA (or other college with own app)
Day 2: Writing the essay
Draft and revise Common App and UGA essays; Outline school supplemental essays
Day 3: Get it done!
Draft & revise supplemental essays
Part 2. College Application Session
Learn how to navigate the Common Application, Coalition App and Individual School Applications (1pm – 2pm each session)
- Up to date information on all Common App changes for 2021-22
- Identify Early Action, Early Decision, and Regular Decision Plans, Honors Program and Scholarship Dates
- Gain insight and brainstorming tips to writing a great essay
- Determine supplemental essay requirements for each school on college list
- Optimize activity list and tips on creating a resume
- Get tips on recommenders and all other application requirements
- Complete bulk of actual application
- Application changes/requirements for UGA will also be covered!
Save a spot — register now & get 10% off!
$385 for one Bootcamp
Limited to 10 rising seniors
THINGS YOUR STUDENT NEEDS TO HAVE THE DAY OF BOOTCAMP
- Laptop Computer
- Unofficial Transcript (9th-11th grade)
- List of 12th grade classes you signed up for
- Resume or List of All Extracurricular Activities, Volunteer Work, Paid Work, Honors and Awards
- List of all SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT, and AP Test Scores
- Email Address for Recommenders
- Social Security Number
- Parent College Education History if applicable